Some DHCids not created

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 16:02:55 UTC 2010

Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:

>After some log file filtering, I've found out that this issue only
>occurs with the HP iLO remote console hosts.
>We also have many DRAC (Dell remote access) configured in the same
>way, and working fine.
>
>I don't see what role the client plays about the creation of the
>DHCid - I thought this was server-driven ONLY... ???

It might be worth snooping some packets (both DHCP and DDNS) and have
a good look at the contents. I recall an interesting problem some
years ago with some print server boxes that padded the client ID out
to some fixed length with nulls - and the nulls acted as a string
terminator and "rather messed up" something (DDNS IIRC).

--
Simon Hobson