Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 4.1.1

Abu Abdulla alhanbali montaqa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:51:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:16 PM,  <sthaug at nethelp.no> wrote:
>> where can i found info on how to compile with USE_SOCKETS and how can
>> i use this feature. i only need to run multiple DHCP instances on
>> different ports using the same IP
>
> Here:
>
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2009-August/009667.html
>
> is the recipe I used to compile with USE_SOCKETS on FreeBSD. Note:
>
> - Step 3 in that recipe is no longer needed with 4.1.1 release version.
>
> - If your environment doesn't use BPF (e.g. Linux, Solaris) then you
> don't need the USE_BPF_HWADDR define.
Thanks. but it includes patching the code which I'm afraid to do it
especially with other versions. I'm not familiar with coding but it
might be better to have it in the main code. running multiple
instances on different ports is a common feature for many servers. it
will add a value to have it by default without patching.