Bind DHCP to a specific ip

Chris Arnold carnold at electrichendrix.com
Sun Jan 3 20:38:31 UTC 2010

Simon Hobson wrote:

>No, it doesn't go in the dhcpd config file, it goes on the command
>line that invokes dhcpd. There will almost certainly be a system
>specific config file where the list of interfaces can be specified.
>Failing that, you have to edit the script that starts dhcpd.
You guys were right, there is a file to define the interface. On SLES10 SP3 it is found in /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd. It was already defined in that file but still shows as 0.0.0.0:67 in netstat. Is that the way it was designed?

I can get netstat to show the ip:67 by entering local-address "ipaddress" in the dhcpd.conf file.