Removing lease via omshell

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Mar 5 00:48:42 UTC 2010

On 03/04/10 22:19, Gmail wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> I don't know if this topic is still actual, but anyway, I think that it
> will be useful for someone.
>
> I wrote a set of small scripts in python to automate lease remove form
> DHCP server. Scripts can be found here:
>
> http://www.64bit.ru/uploads/2010/03/
>
> Package name is lus.
> I also put there a modified DHCP server. Scripts works perfectly in
> Debian Lenny. There is a big description of the consepts of the system
> in the README file in lus package (in Russian language, sorry, my
> english is awful :)).
>
> I'm not a member of this list, so, if you have some questions or
> suggestions CC me at foringer[at]gmail[dot]com.

Hmm, an anonymous post from a user not on the list advertising a
modified dhcp server with Russian documentation. *alarm bells* start
ringing. I do hope that no-one downloads those dhcp server packages...
Think of the security risk: unknown code running as root on your servers.

I also suggest you carefully examine the scripts before you decide to
use them.

-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell                            |  Miss 9: What do you
Uniq Advances Pty Ltd, Sydney Australia   |  do at work Dad?