option space

Marc Thielemann marc.thielemann at biama.de
Mon Mar 22 17:59:13 UTC 2010

Hello,

I defined an option space (dhcpd 4.1.1) that looks like this (sample):

option space test;
option test.option1 code 1 = unsigned integer 8;
option test.option4 code 4 = unsigned integer 16;
option test.option5 code 5 = unsigned integer 16;
option test.option6 code 7 = string;
option test.option8 code 8 = string;
option test.option9 code 9 = string;
option test.option128 code 128 = text;
option test.option130 code 130 = text;

When I now take a look at the dhcp packet the server sent out, the option 43 (vendor-encapsulated-options) includes all the values I assigned in that option space but not in the correct order. The order is: 1, 128, 130, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and not 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 128, 130 (as I expected). Is this a bug or is there a way to define the order of the values within an option space (like dhcp-parameter-request-list)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Marc