option space

Reissom Beshir Reissom_Beshir at Mitel.com
Tue Mar 23 15:59:04 UTC 2010

Marc Thielemann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I defined an option space (dhcpd 4.1.1) that looks like this (sample):
>
> option space test;
> option test.option1 code 1 = unsigned integer 8;
> option test.option4 code 4 = unsigned integer 16;
> option test.option5 code 5 = unsigned integer 16;
> option test.option6 code 7 = string;
> option test.option8 code 8 = string;
> option test.option9 code 9 = string;
> option test.option128 code 128 = text;
> option test.option130 code 130 = text;
>
> When I now take a look at the dhcp packet the server sent out, the option
> 43 (vendor-encapsulated-options) includes all the values I assigned in
> that option space but not in the correct order. The order is: 1, 128, 130,
> 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and not 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 128, 130 (as I expected). Is
> this a bug or is there a way to define the order of the values within an
> option space (like dhcp-parameter-request-list)? Thanks in advance for
> your help.

Hmm!  That looks like it is going by alphabetical order of the option name.
The order should not matter, but if you are particular about it you could
try adding a zero to the single digit option names and see if that works,
e.g. test.option01.

--
Reissom Beshir