dhcpv6

Patrik Lahti plahti at qnx.com
Thu May 6 15:36:45 UTC 2010

>      a) How can I view DUID for Linux and XP computers, I couldn't
> find in regedit?
On Linux you look for it in the leases file. I have no idea about XP...
>      b) where is the DUID stored, will it change when the operating
> system disk formatted-reinstalled? It's a big problem for my cooperate
> database.
See RFC 3315 about how DUIDs are formed. They are usually based on MAC
addresses (at least part of them).
> so RA is mandatory.
Yes, this is the IPv6 way.
> is there a thought to change IPv6 RFC and ISC-dhcp in future, for
> router address assigning?
No, I highly doubt that's going to change, but you're better asking on
IETF lists about RFC changes.

HTH
/P