class/subclass issues

aedhcp aedhcp at zoominternet.net
Wed May 26 13:51:29 UTC 2010

I am trying to get some class/subclass issues worked out, but I am having
difficulties.  Here is what I have in my config:

class "Z" { match option agent.remote-id; }

subclass "Z" 00:0b:06:b1:ca:d4;

subclass "Z" 0:b:6:b1:ca:d4;

subclass "Z" 1:00:0b:06:b1:ca:d4;

subclass "Z" 1:0:b:6:b1:ca:d4;

shared-network X {

        subnet X.X.X.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {

        option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;

        option routers X.X.X.1;

        max-lease-time 43200;

        min-lease-time 43200;

        default-lease-time 43200;

                pool {

                        deny members of "Z";

                        range X.X.X.5 X.X.X.244;

                }

                pool {

                        allow members of "Z";

                        range X.X.X.245 X.X.X.254;

ALL of devices that hit this DHCP server are getting public IP addresses, so
the only thing I can use to key off of is the option agent.remote-id.  My
problem is that no matter what device I boot ALWAYS gets an IP in the second
pool (245-254).  It seems as though my class/subclass statements are an ALL
MATCH type of scenario no matter what cable modem boots.  I have tried this
on 3.1.2 and 4.1.1 with the same results.  As you can see from the subclass
statements above I have tried all 4 scenarios for mac address.  Here is what
the lease file shows after it gets the wrong IP:

lease X.X.X.247 {

  starts 3 2010/05/26 13:25:39;

  ends 4 2010/05/27 01:25:39;

  tstp 4 2010/05/27 01:25:39;

  cltt 3 2010/05/26 13:25:39;

  binding state active;

  next binding state free;

  hardware ethernet 00:12:3f:14:51:54;

  uid "\001\000\022?\024QT";

  option agent.circuit-id 0:2:80:0:0:1;

  option agent.remote-id 0:b:6:b1:ca:d4;

  client-hostname "XXXXX";

}

Am I doing this incorrectly?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

-Adam