Production Deployment -- Version Questions

Joshua West jwest at brandeis.edu
Wed May 26 20:39:38 UTC 2010

On 05/26/10 11:22, Jiri Popelka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you can take a look at the dhcp.spec (4.1.1) from Fedora
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/dhcp/devel/
>
> It's actually nearly the same as in forthcoming RHEL-6.
>
> Jiri Popelka
> Red Hat, inc.

Hey Jiri,

Ok I've adjusted the 1.306 CVS revision of dhcp.spec to build on RHEL5.

Basically, there were only a few changes... had to:

   * Remove requirement of libcap-ng; patch ignored later.
   * Ignore three patches (CLOEXEC, noipv6, capabilities).
   * Not run autoreconf.

I've attached the new .spec which builds on RHEL5.  These changes are
mentioned in the Changelog.

If you have any recommendations as to how to get the three ignored
patches actually working on RHEL5 w/ 2.6.18.x kernel, especially the
noipv6 one, I'd be most interested.

Thanks for your help.

--
Joshua West