Is there a parser in Perl out there for dhcpd.leases?

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 21:04:09 UTC 2010

--On 5 November 2010 14:12:12 -0400 Adam Moffett <adamlists at plexicomm.net>
wrote:

> That would be good.  Alternatively,  having the option to store leases in
> a database instead of a file would make life simpler.  If there was such
> a thing as "free time" here I would work on a patch myself.

I've already written and posted here a dhcpd patch to support an
arbitrary SQL back end:
  http://blog.alex.org.uk/archives/30
This allows storing of arbitrary bits of what you could put in
the config in SQL, so (for instance) permanent associations can be
put in the database without worrying about LDAP. It uses libdbi
so it is DB independent.

Despite the dire warnings in the blog post, we have not (yet) found
any bugs.

It would be relatively easy to extend this to store leases in a
SQL table rather than the database file.

--
Alex Bligh