Assigning leases based on option 82

Denis Laventure Denis_Laventure at uqac.ca
Tue Nov 23 16:29:27 UTC 2010

Do you use cisco switches on your test environment? I don't recognize the agent.circuit-id value "test-01-03/Ethernet7:Vlan2", mine looks like this with cisco 2950:

host G301A-01   { host-identifier option agent.circuit-id 0:4:1:9:1:1;  fixed-address 172.17.15.64; } # 10.3.32.23 - Fa0/1

It works very well here too... But did you try to have multiple switches on one vlan? The agent.circuit-id option only contain vlan number and module/interface information. How do you identify your different switches on a same vlan without the agent.remote-id?

Denis