DHCP Redundancy

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 18:20:57 UTC 2010

Do you know if there is any documentation for running them in failover mode?

If I run them in a non-overlapping state, is there any way I can set
them up so that the first one always answers first, and the second one
always answers second?  Sort of there, but only if needed.  This way
its there for the brief time needed to fix the first one, and the
range doesn't need to be large on the second one.  And my monitoring
system will notify me when the first dhcp server is not responding.

Thanks,
Dan.