Vendor options not being sent

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Wed Sep 15 12:52:24 UTC 2010

Hello Glenn,

15.09.2010 14:00, Glenn Satchell wrote:
> Hi Arno
>
> I think what is missing is the definitions of the SUNW space variables.

Well, I left those out of the mail to keep things more concise... they
are defined in global scope, and look astonishingly similar to yourse
- I guess must people copy&paste from the same sources ;-)

> These must be defined in the global scope to specify what the type each
> of the SUNW.things are. This ensures they are encoded in the proper
> format (string, number, ip-address and so on. Then in an appropriate
> scope you fill in the value.
>
> Here is what I use in my configuration for booting and jumpstarting Sun
> SParc boxes. All the jumpstart bits are defined in the class and nothing
> special is needed in the subnet definition.
>
> # Jumpstart specific stuff
> option space SUNW code width 1 length width 1 hash size 11;

This one I'm probably missing, though... I'll verify and report back.
Thanks for spotting this!

Cheers for now,

Arno
--