Is there any protection mechanism for a spamming dhcp client?

Marc Perea marccp at srttel.com
Thu Feb 3 14:58:04 UTC 2011

Perhaps I'm missing something, but have you tried setting the min-lease-time for that client? As others have suggested, put the offensive devices in their own class/subclass, and once this is done you can take many different types of control, including setting a per client or per class setting such as min-lease-time which would force the client to perform less requests without denying or ignoring them. Seems like a simple fix, so I'm betting the client will misbehave somehow, but here's to hoping...

--Marc