Host declaration for multiple hardware interfaces and multiple

Rainer Stumbaum stumbaumr at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 31 08:11:40 UTC 2011

Hi again,

tried to get my way around in another fashion:
ddns-hostname = host-decl-name;
subnet 10.20.50.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
	ddns-domainname "example.org";
	group {
		host test01.dc1 {
subnet 10.20.56.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
	ddns-domainname "storage.dc1.example.org";
	group {
		host test01 {

Works so far: Client boots from storage net and gets the right hostname assigned (test01) from dhcpd. The DNS entry for the access network is also correct - even though the hostname is test01.dc1.

Best regards
Rainer