Option 82 is missing from Secondry lease file incase of failover

neeraj jain neerajjain_iet at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 09:55:52 UTC 2011

hi,

I am using the DHCP server in fail-over mode and my relay agent insert the agent.circuit-id information in the DHCP packet.

This option 82 information is written into the Primary lease file after DHCP ACK. Ideally this option 82 lease information should sync between primary and secondary lease file.

But after synchronization of the lease file I don't find the agent.circuit-id is written in the secondary file. Because of the OMAPI lease query fail from the secondary server.

Thanks,
Neeraj Jain