Vendor specific options within a subnet

Zoltan Kiss zoltan.kiss at serverside.hu
Thu May 26 10:31:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a problem around the vendor specific option handling in ISC DHCP.
I like to set up 2 subnet with different vendor class options, but with
the same vendor of clients (Siemens OpenStage ip phones).
My problem is the definition of the vendor class for a subnet. I define
an option space for my first subnet and another option space for the
second subnet with this statements:

# Each vendor-class-identifier will constitute a class
class "vendor-classes" {
       match option vendor-class-identifier;
}

# Set up an option space to contain the vendor-encapsulated options
(subnet1)
option space OpenStage1;
option OpenStage1.vendor code 1 = string;
option OpenStage1.vlanid code 2 = unsigned integer 32;
option OpenStage1.dls code 3 = string;

# Set up an option space to contain the vendor-encapsulated options
(subnet2)
option space OpenStage2;
option OpenStage1.vendor code 1 = string;
option OpenStage1.dls code 3 = string;

Then i define my two subnets, but i cant found how can i define this
option spaces for the subnets (every option space and options for one
subnet (or scope, like MS DHCP)

I must pass the vlanid to the first subnet only, and thats why i need
this "hack".
Can anybody help about this problem?

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Regards,