ISC DHCP 4.2.3rc1 is now available

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Mon Oct 10 23:48:29 UTC 2011

ISC DHCP 4.2.3rc1 is now available for download.

This is the first release candidate of ISC DHCP 4.2.3rc1
a maintenance release which contains sevreal bug fixes.
As the number of bug fixes is small we have chosen to skip
the beta release.

A list of the changes in this release has been appended to the end
of this message.  For a complete list of changes from any previous
release, please consult the RELNOTES file within the source
distribution, or on our website:

     http://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/423rc1

This release, and its OpenPGP-signatures are available now from:

ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.3rc1/dhcp-4.2.3rc1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.3rc1/dhcp-4.2.3rc1.tar.gz.sha512.asc
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.3rc1/dhcp-4.2.3rc1.tar.gz.sha256.asc
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.3rc1/dhcp-4.2.3rc1.tar.gz.sha1.asc

Note well: We have moved the tarball and signatures down one level
in the file directory.

ISC's Release Signing Key can be obtained at:

     http://www.isc.org/about/openpgp/

                        Changes since 4.2.2

- Fix the code that checks for an existing DDNS transaction to cancel
   when removing DDNS information, so that we will continue with the
   processing if we have a lease even if it doesn't have an outstanding
   transaction.  [ISC-Bugs #24682]

- Add AM_MAINTAINER_MODE to configure.ac to avoid rebuilding
   configuration files.  [ISC-Bugs #24107]

- Add support for passing DDNS information to a DNS server over
   an IPv6 address.  [ISC-Bugs #22647]

- Enhanced patch for 23595 to handle IPv4 fixed addresses more
   cleanly.  [ISC-Bugs #23595]