HOWTO: 4.1.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
jpopelka at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 11:21:01 UTC 2011
On 07/22/2010 01:53 PM, Jiri Popelka wrote:
> I saw several 'how to build dhcp-4.1.1 on RHEL-5/CentOS' questions
> here recently.
> So I decided to make the life easier for those who would be struggling
> with this in the future.
> I modified what we have in Fedora-13 at the moment and created source
> First install rpmdevtools. You will probably find it in EPEL
> download http://jpopelka.fedorapeople.org/dhcp-4.1.1-24.P1.src.rpm
> rpmbuild --rebuild dhcp-4.1.1-24.P1.src.rpm
> and finally install rpms from ~/rpmbuild/RPMS
> Jiri Popelka
> Red Hat, inc.
Hi, here's an update of my source rpm for RHEL-5 to dhcp-4.1-ESV-R3.
From spec's Changelog:
* Thu Sep 08 2011 Jiri Popelka - 12:4.1.2-5.ESV.R3
- Based on
- Adjusted to build on RHEL-5 / CentOS-5.
- Changes made:
- Updated to ESV-R3
- No LDAP support
- Do not run autoconf/automake
- Ignored patches: capabilities.patch, O_CLOEXEC.patch, PIE-RELRO.patch
- HowTo re-build:
- install rpm-build
- rpmbuild --rebuild dhcp-4.1.2-5.ESV.R3.el5.src.rpm
- install RPMs from /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/<arch>/
Red Hat, inc.
More information about the dhcp-users