Set a specific reply address

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 13:06:58 UTC 2012

Tom Schmitt wrote:

>I had (actually have) the same problem, tried both and they didn't help.
>Like Glenn wrote, dhcpd then writes the wanted address in some
>fields of the DHCP paket, but the IP packet still uses the wrong
>source IP.

Why is that a problem ? As long as it comes out of the right
interface, and has the right destination address, then it should
work. That is, of course, if your network is properly set up.
Now, if you run multiple subnets, with separate routers, and nothing
to route between them, then that's a broken network IMO.

--
Simon Hobson