ISC Dhcp and CableLabs vendor specific option 2171

Vincent De Maertelaere vincent.demaertelaere at excentis.com
Fri Apr 27 09:22:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the ISC dhcp server (4.2.3) to hand out option
2171 for cable modems.

I am using a configuration file like this:

option space docsis code width 2 length width 2 hash size 100;
option docsis.tftp-servers code 32 = array of ip6-address;
option docsis.cablelabs-configuraiton-file code 33 = text;
option docsis.syslog-servers code 34 = array of ip6-address;
option docsis.time-servers code 37 = array of ip6-address;
option docsis.time-offset code 38 = signed integer 32;
option docsis.ip-prev code 39 = unsigned integer 8;

option space cccv6 code width 2 length width 2 hash size 100;
option cccv6.primary-dhcp code 1 = ip6-address;
option cccv6.prov-server code 3 = { ingeger 8, text };
option cccv6.krb-realm code 6 = text;

option docsis.cccv6 code 2171 = encapsulate cccv6;
option vsio.docsis code 4491 = encapsulate docsis;

option cccv6.primary-dhcp <ipv6 address of the server>

When I start the DHCP server with this config, it does not complain
about the config.
But when a device requests option 2171, the server does not include the
option 2171 in the vendor specific options.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,

---
Vincent De Maertelaere