Execute or syslog on DHCPDISCOVER

jvizier jvizier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 19:44:25 UTC 2012

Hello,

I use isc isc-dhcpd-4.1.1-P1 on centos 6.3

I have a flat file with ip and mac and i would like to send information
to dhclient request.

It's for automatic installation via pxe.

Is there a way to do so via execute ?

(but i did not find to send something and there is not "on lease" just
Commit release ...)

Or with a tail in syslog on DHCPDISCOVER with a script.

To resume, i would like to do that :

DHCPDISCOVER from mac -> script that parse flat file on that mac and
send ip etc .. -> DHCPOFFER ip to the client from script

Is there a way to reply to the DHCPDISCOVER with a command line ?

Thanks,