dhclient: lease renewal woes

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Aug 29 13:25:27 UTC 2012

Do other dhcp clients (eg windows) work ok with the dhcp server in the
cable modem? Can you look at the settings those clients get from the cable
modem? eg on windows "ipconfig /all"

I would have thought setting the server-identifier to the private
ip-address of the cable modem would be the right thing. Is there anything
you can configure on the cable modem?

Otherwise do you have a system that you could run your own dhcp server on?

regards,
-glenn