On expiry or release PTR and TXT records are not removed from DNS.

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Thu Feb 9 19:13:16 UTC 2012

In general they should be getting removed.  There were some
bugs in 4.2 that were fixed by 4.2.3.  The server also can't
handle removing the ptr records if you have changed the configuration
such that the server is no longer responsible for the address.

If you are using 4.1-ESV-R4 or 4.2.3-P2 and having issues
with DDNS not removing information please create a bug ticket.