Configuration DHCPv4 vivso according to RFC 3925

Hok Hie Tjioe hhtjioe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 07:32:54 UTC 2012

Hi Tobias, Malte,

I wa also truggeling with that part months ago as you can see form the mailing list.
Anyway I have a working solution for that, at least in our environment.

The following configuration on our ISC DHCP server version 4.2.3-P2 is used, I use the example of Malte here:

option space FOO;
option FOO.sample code 1 = text;

option space vivso code width 4 length width 1;
option vivso.FOO code 50000 = encapsulate FOO;
option vivso.iana code 0 = string;

option op125 code 125 = encapsulate vivso;

And in the pool definition the following statement needs to include to send the DHCP option 125:
option vivso.iana 01:01:01;
option FOO.sample "Some Option Text";

P.S. Why that "vivso.iana" statement? For soem reason the DHCP doesn't send the option 125 without that. There seems to be a known bug.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

h2t