DHCP option 125

Hok Hie Tjioe hhtjioe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 07:59:38 UTC 2012

Hello Beshir,

As promised your advise is implemented and unfortunately the option 125 part is not working as expected.

The DHCP option 43 part works as expected but I don't see any option 125 sends to the client.

BTW you are right about the definition of the suboption. I use "=" because the original parameter use "concat" function to combine remote-id and client-id of the client.

So just to be clear the below config is used as example:

option space TEST code width 1 length width 1 hash size 3;
option TEST.suboption code 1 = string;
option vendor.TEST code 12345 = encapsulate TEST;

subnet 10.0.16.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  option routers 10.0.16.1;
    range 10.0.16.10 10.0.16.254;
    option TEST.suboption "Here is suboption 1 for enterprise 12345";
    if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 5) = "test1" {
      vendor-option-space TEST;
      option TEST.suboption "Here is the test1 option";

So it is quite the same as your example right?

Best Regards,

H2T