DHCP option 125

Beshir, Reissom reissom_beshir at mitel.com
Fri Jun 29 21:23:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012,  Hok Hie Tjioe wrote:

> Hello Beshir,
>
> As promised your advise is implemented and unfortunately the option 125 part is not working as expected.

You said that the client does not send option 124.  So the server will
not send option 125.  So it is working as expected.

> The DHCP option 43 part works as expected but I don't see any option 125 sends to the client.

Correct.

> BTW you are right about the definition of the suboption. I use "=" because the original parameter use "concat" function to combine remote-id and client-id of the client.
>
> So just to be clear the below config is used as example:
>
> option space TEST code width 1 length width 1 hash size 3;
> option TEST.suboption code 1 = string;
> option vendor.TEST code 12345 = encapsulate TEST;
>
> subnet 10.0.16.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>   option routers 10.0.16.1;
>   range 10.0.16.10 10.0.16.254;
>   option TEST.suboption "Here is suboption 1 for enterprise 12345";
>   if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 5) = "test1" {
>     vendor-option-space TEST;
>     option TEST.suboption "Here is the test1 option";
>   }
> }

I think the "option TEST.suboption" in the if statement might override
the previous setting.

> So it is quite the same as your example right??

No it is not.
If you want to have different data in option 43 and option 125 then it
might be better to create two separate 'option space'.

--
Regards,
Reissom

--
This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or