where does latest dhcp options store?

Edward DeLargy eddelargy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:15:38 UTC 2012

Hello,
        The dhclient file name can depend on many variables. The most
important is the DHCP version and operating system. The eth is showing that
is the port the lease is binding to. It is supposed to help admins trouble
shoot. There could be something in the DHCP server sending out serial
numbers if you have anything else in the lease file other than port name or
it could be something about the OS ( I am not sure). The file is not named
dhclient leases due to it being specifically assign to a port. If your
using Network Manager or Yast it would have the dhclient name, but it you
assign with the dhclient ethX command it will have the port name.

Hope that helped.
Ed DeLargy