dhcpd.conf logging statement documentation

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Mon Mar 26 17:56:23 UTC 2012

To my knowledge, you cannot reduce logging verbosity inside dhcpd itself. You can only change what is logged via syslog working with log levels.

For example:

in dhcpd.conf:
log-facility local6;

in syslog.conf:
local6.error -/var/log/dhcpd-error.log
local6.* -/dev/null

or similar ... please note that I have not tested the syslog statements and that they may require some modification to actually work...