dhcpd -6: buffer overflow detected

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Fri Mar 30 12:51:26 UTC 2012

We use 4.2.3-p1 built from source on generic (bootstrapped) linux. We notice that it crashes more often than not when working with a renewal packet (I think only renewals) in DHCPv6. I believe that I saw somewhere that ISC is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. To be clear, we do not get any buffer overflow messages in the syslog.