CPE on CPE ip's in a cablemodem network.

Espen Kristensen maillist at espen.eu
Tue May 29 12:33:26 UTC 2012

problem solved.

If anyone want's to know how here is the config:

class "students"{
        match pick-first-value( binary-to-ascii ( 16, 8, ":", option
agent.remote-id) );
}
subclass "students" "0:26:24:8f:79:a9"; (CM MAC 1)
subclass "students" "0:1d:ce:f:46:c3"; (CM MAC 2)

subnet 158.x.x.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
      option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
      max-lease-time 86400;
      default-lease-time 86400;
      option routers 158.x.x.1;
      option domain-name-servers 77.x.x.5, 77.x.x.250;
      pool {
         range 158.x.x.2 158.x.x.254;
         allow members of "students";

subnet 77.x.x.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
      option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
      max-lease-time 86400;
      default-lease-time 86400;
      option routers 77.x.x.1;
      option domain-name-servers 77.x.x.5, 77.x.x.250;
      pool {
         range 77.x.x.2 77.x.x.254;
         deny members of "students";
         allow unknown-clients;