ipv6: logging option docsis.cm-mac-address (4491 / 17 / 1026)

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Fri Nov 23 15:26:02 UTC 2012

Just a thought, to me it looks like you are deploying IPv6 the same way
as IPv4? One address at a time to each costumer.

I believe the idea is that each customer gets a prefix/64 and will
assign IPs from that as needed.

In that case you will need to keep track of the prefixes as any host
using that prefix must belong to that customer? Would this satisfy the
legal requirements?

Using a 6over4 tunnel today, I get a prefix/64 and it is my task to
build any address using that prefix the way it pleases me, even if I may
have 100s of hosts.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen