dhcp IPv6 and EN host identifiers

Nikolai Lusan nikolai.lusan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:41:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been toiling to get dhcpd to give out static addresses on my IPv6
subnet. For now I am using the "-D LL" option to give predictable
host-identifier strings based on hardware MAC addresses, and it's
working fine. What I would like to do is use enterprise numbering to
specify the host (also know as duid-en or EN).

I already have a prefix from IANA and have reserved a part of that to
provide unique ID's for each host.

My question is, how do I go about getting this to work? Do I translate
the dotted IANA numbers to HEX and then specify them in dhclient6.conf,
aswell as in dhcpd6.conf on the server? Or is there something that I am
missing?

--
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai.lusan at gmail.com>