IPv6 Prefix deligation

Michael Thorsager thorsager at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:45:18 UTC 2012

Hello..

I'm new to this list, I'm hoping it is the place to go for some discussion
on my little problem. I
have been running down google to researching the subject but no luck...
well here goes..

I have a client router that asks my dhcp-server for a /56 prefix but I only
want to give it a /64.
The vendor tells me that the client will accept any prefix-length in the
reply.

But if I configure the prefix to anything else that the /56 the client asks
for I get "Unable to
pick client prefix: no prefixes available".

My question is: "Is there any way to make the server return a /64 on a /56
request?"

--
 Michael Thorsager