Configuration by subclass and subnet

Joao E Pereira Jr joao at cti.ufu.br
Thu Oct 18 02:37:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

My organization has only one DHCP server that provides configuration for
clients in all subnets and every subnet gateway is able to do dhcp relay. In
some subnets there are access points that look for a wireless switch
controller using the value of option 43 of reply packet. Currently it have two
controllers and I need to include option 43 only for the access points
assigning the value based on the subnet.

Subclassing allow me to include option 43 only for the access points, but I
haven't found a way to assign the value based on subnet so far. I' ve tryed
conditional behavior as showed in dhcp-eval. All access points end up reaching
the same controller or got no option 43 at all. Is this scenario feasible?
Could you provide some guidance?
--
Att,

João E. Pereira Jr
Analista de TI
Universidade Federal de Uberlandia
Divisao de Redes - Centro de Tecnologia da Informacao
Av. Para 1720, Bloco 2Y, Sala 19 - Umuarama
Uberlandia - MG - CEP 38400-902 - CP 592
Cel:    34 9136 3196
Fone: 34 3218 2519
VoIP:        1181 3003