Regarding non broadcast interface in ISC DHCP

ameen.shajahan at wipro.com ameen.shajahan at wipro.com
Fri Apr 5 05:22:15 UTC 2013

Hi All,

In ISC DHCP-4.2.3 release notes I found the following behavior of DHCP. Even in new release DHCP 4.2.5-P1 release notes also the same case.

DHCP Behavior mentioned in RELNOTES :-

    " The function which discovers interfaces will now skip non-broadcast or  point-to-point interfaces, thanks to a patch from David Brownlee."

I want this patch to be added in source code since I am using non broadcast interface in relay side . Because of the unavailability of patch, packet drop happening in dhcrelay application.

Could you please provide the patch, so that I can add it in ISC DHCP-4.2.3?
Also I would like to mail David Brownlee since he had provided the patch. But I couldn't able to get his mail id. If somebody knows his mail id please forward me.

Thanks,
Ameen

www.wipro.com