Classifying clients based on FQDN in option 81

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Feb 27 13:31:07 UTC 2013

In terms of the configuration language it is certainly possible.

class "example-com" {
    match if option fqdn.domainname = "example.com";
}

However, you may need to do a simple packet capture to check that your
clients actually send that option in the DHCPDISCOVER packet. If it isn't
there then the server can't make the decision about what to offer.

regards,
-glenn