Fixed IP assignment in presence of colliding MAC addresses.

Igor Ganichev iganichev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:30:25 UTC 2013

Thanks for your replies!

Simon, the "virtual environment" is somewhat complex to describe. We would
like to have one dhcp server serve multiple logical L2 networks that can
have hosts with equal mac addresses.

Alex, thanks for a short concrete answer. We will probably either modify
dhcpd or write a simple server ourselves.

John, duplicate addresses are on separate subnets, but we wanted to run a
single dhcpd for all of them.