ISC DHCP limitation observed while load testing with dhcperf

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 20:06:58 UTC 2013

Amit Jathar wrote:
>2) I have added one more 60k ip range in the dhcpd.conf file.
>In this case, I got very low TPS around 40 TPS.

You'll need to look for yourself, but I vaguely recall from previous discussions that the hashing tables stop being efficient at certain sizes and/or combinations of values (note that a sequwntial list of IP addresses has a lot of repeated data). For very big installations, you may need to change the table sizes or something. That's only a "vague recollection" from previous threads - I'm neither a proper programmer nor familiar with the code.