Omshell; Can you open a Dynamic Lease with just the IP Address?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Jun 12 12:55:24 UTC 2013

	I verified that dhcpd.leases has a valid lease holder at
192.168.1.5 and the lease is active.
	So far, I have tried

new host
set ip-address = 192.168.1.5
open

	omshell can't find anything.

	If I know the host name, I can open the lease with just
the host name or just the hardware address but the IP address of
a valid dynamic lease doesn't match. omshell converts the
dot-quad IP address in to a hexadecimal output which you can see
when it runs, but it can't seem to open the lease.

	Is there any way to open a dynamic lease with only the
IP address?

	I did also try entering the address in hex and to my
surprise, it took it and simply echoed it back with no
complaint. It still didn't find the lease.

Martin