Need Help DHCP Server

Prabhpal S. Mavi prabhpal at digital-infotech.net
Mon Mar 18 15:57:21 UTC 2013

Thanks Dear Simon Hobson,

You came long way with my problem, thanks for all your assistance and
valuable tips & information, greatly greatly appreciated.

you have helped ma a lot, i do not expect any thing more than this,
enough. By your help, it has almost worked. DHCP server can give ip
address out other than the subnet configured on the physical/logical
interfaces. Originally, that is what i asked the help for, from the
community.

Since you wish to know how VLANs are connected, i will explain for you.
It is a implementation of wireless ISP, where we have 68 host spots across
the city. The current implementation of hotspots is being handle by a
commercial product that is very much highly UN reliable. i was asked to
look in to open source world to build up a reliable solution as
replacement to existing (commercial one).

i implemented FreeRadius 2.2 + CoovaChillii 1.3 + MySQL 5x + Daloradius
for Voucher managements for the host spot. This (DHCP) was the last task
on the checklist (requirements). Where everything was working smooth
(Implementation was tested with single DHCP environment) i was almost
stack on this DHCP issue. which you guys helped. It is yet remaining to be
done on Cisco side but Linux server "isc-dhcp" daemon started alright.
Project was more than i detailed here controlling hotspot users using
Freeradius AAA Server.

Connectivity:
Clients in the hotspot --> Connected to indoor AP (Access Point) -->
Switch  --> Router --> Mast - Telecom Poll  --> (VLAN Packets Tagging)
Microwave Radio Link to Our Data Center --> ISP HO Access Point --> Core
Switch (VLANs) --> DHCP Server.

I will arrange the replies of this discussion and post back to the list
with marked "RESOLVED" for the archives, when done. so that it will help
other as well.

Grate Thanks to Simon Hobson
Grate Thanks to Christian Kratzer

Regards / Prabhpal