conf file sync between master/peer

Kyle Johnson kjohnson at fixertec.net
Tue May 14 11:48:16 UTC 2013

Hello Greg,

You're right, breaking down the dhcpd.conf file into smaller parts and
using include statements helps.  Most people probably manually sync. the
files between the servers and restart the dhcpd process as needed, or write
a small script to do the work for them.
Personally, I am making my changes in configuration management (in this
case, chef).  The dhcp servers check into the chef master every 30 minutes,
or I force a sync., to pull down the appropriate files (in this case,
dhcpd.conf), and then restart any services which depend on those files (in
this case, dhcpd).

Hope this helps,
Kyle