Using OMSHELL to configure host options

Michael Conway Mconway at gcpud.org
Thu May 23 21:46:13 UTC 2013

I have been searching for an answer to this problem for a little while now, and hope someone on this list can help.

I am using omshell to configure hosts on dhcpd. So far, we just set the hardware and ip address, and that has been enough. I have run into some cases where we also need to set either filename or option bootfile-name options, and I have been unable to find a way to do that.

First, I tried set "option bootfile-name" = "file.cfg"
Then I tried set statements = "option bootfile-name \"/file.cfg\";" as suggested on a few mailing lists

Both attempts result in the error "can't open object: invalid argument" when I issue the create command.

I've also tried using filename instead of bootfile-name, which results in the same behavior.
Is this possible to accomplish with omshell/omapi? I am using isc-dhcpd-4.1.1-P1 on RHEL 6.1

Thanks!