no IPv6 prefix pools on this shared network

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:41:18 UTC 2013

That config was just copy/pasted from the Internet, you can't do that
without correcting it to work in YOUR environment. The prefix
2001:db8:: is reserved for documentation purposes only!

So like I said in my last email, you'll need to work out the correct
value for the prefix6 option if you are going to use DHCP to issue an
IPv6 address to a router.

With IPv6 you no longer use NAT, so the router needs to know what
subnet it has been delegated to provide IP addressing on. Depending on
if the router supports it you may be able to put the wifi router into
bridge mode which would then just have an IP address and bridge the
wired network out over wireless, but you're going to have to read the
manual/try the config to see if it works.

Steve