Mac block or Prevent DOS attack in DHCPv6

Amit amit.kr at nic.in
Wed Nov 20 05:05:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just like ISC dhcpv4, do we have any option to deny host based on mac/duid.

And secondly, In my network due to some bug in HP printer, it is generating
many DHCP REPLY request per second and hence keeping dhcp busy.

Do we have any option to deny such client in dhcp itself as It seems
impossible to block such client using mac address as the dhcp packets are
relayed by an router

Please help

--

Thanks & Regards

Amit Kumar

Scientific Officer

Operation and Routing Group

M/O Communication and IT, NIC, A- Block, CGO Complex, New Delhi

Ph. +911122900332, NKN VoIP:7332

Mob. +919910611621