DNS purged on failover

Doug Granzow gunzour at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:54:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to find out more about properly configuring DDNS on dhcpd servers configured as a failover pair.

I found a messages on this list from January (
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2014-January/017536.html
) that directly mentions what I have seen happen:

> Be careful with DDNS and failover : when a server dies and the other
> goes into "partner down", it works, but when the "dead" server comes
> back, it will purge all the expired leases it was managing.

Is there a way to avoid this mass purge of DDNS entries?

Doug