ISC DHCP 4.2.6b1 is now available for download
sar at isc.org
Thu Jan 23 00:10:42 UTC 2014
ISC DHCP 4.2.6b1 is now available for download.
This is the first beta release of 4.2.6, a maintenance release for 4.2.
A list of the changes in this release has been appended to the end
of this message. For a complete list of changes from any previous
release, please consult the RELNOTES file within the source
distribution, or on our website:
This release, and its OpenPGP-signatures are available now from:
ISC's Release Signing Key can be obtained at:
Changes since 4.2.5
- Address static analysis warnings.
[ISC-Bugs #33510] [ISC-Bugs #33511]
- Silence benign static analysis warnings.
- Add check for 64-bit package for atf.
- Removed unused variable. Presence of this variable caused build error
when the --enable-delated-ack configuration option was specified.
- Use newer auto* tool packages and turn on RFC_3542 support on Mac OS.
- Remove a variable when it isn't being used due to #ifdefs to avoid
a compiler warning on Solaris using GCC.
- Add a check for too much whitespace in a config or lease file.
Thanks to Paolo Pellegrino for finding the issue and a suggestion
for the patch.
- Added a sleep call after killing the old client to allow time
for the sockets to be cleaned. This should allow the -r option
to work more consistently.
- Missing files for ISC DHCP Developer's Guide are now included in
the release tarballs. To generate this documentation, please use
make devel command in doc directory. [ISC-Bugs #32767]
- Update client script for use with openwrt.
- Fix the socket handling for DHCPv6 clients to allow multiple instances
of a client on a single machine to work properly. Previously only
one client would receive the packets. Thanks to Jiri Popelka at Red Hat
for the bug report and a potential patch.
- Added support for gentle shutdown after signal is received.
[ISC-Bugs #32692] [ISC-Bugs 34945]
- Enhance the DHCPv6 server logging to include the addresses that are assigned
to the clients. This can be enabled by defining LOG_V6_ADDRESSES in site.h.
- Fix an operation in the DDNS code to be a bitwise instead of logcial or.
More information about the dhcp-users