dhcp server IP pool monitoring

Capriccio, Peter peter.capriccio at hp.com
Wed Mar 12 17:45:07 UTC 2014

Mehmet Ali ?ks?z:
> Hi Dear Friends,
>
> we have 3 dhcp servers.
> dhcp-1: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago):
> dhcp-4.1.1
> dhcp-2: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago):
> dhcp-4.1.1
> dhcp-3: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy):  isc-dhcp-server 4.2.6
>
> we have 75 C Class IPs and 105 subnets (pool) on dhcp servers.
>
> i'm looking dhcp server IP pool monitoring tool. we tried solarwinds
> IPAM, cacti. but they don't work correctly.
> i found some open source script, i want to monitoring (viewing) IP
> Pools like mrtg, time based and graphical interface
>
> any ideas?

Apologies if this has already been beaten to death (or if this is the wrong place), but what about adding an API or tool for this type of monitoring (and/or lease statistics in general) to dhcpd proper? All of the solutions that parse the lease file can never be 100% accurate because the real "stuff" is taking place in memory, is it not? Just curious...

Pete C. (yes, a simpleton)