loss of DHCP traffic on VMs?

Scott Wedekind swedekind at bluecatnetworks.com
Fri Mar 28 17:38:55 UTC 2014

Any chance that you have an AV scanner (that inspects network packets) installed on the DHCP server VM?  That's a characteristic of a memory leak in the scanner's network driver.   Unfortunately, temporarily disabling the AV scanner won't be sufficient, as the driver will remain resident.  To verify, uninstall it for a while and see if the problem goes away.  You can always use a different AV vendor until they get it sorted out if that's the culprit.

For your specific question, no, I've never heard of that problem, and my organization puts out a lot of virtual ISC based DHCP servers on ESX.  It doesn't mean it's not happening, but I'd exhaust other avenues first.

Scott Wedekind