Client not sending DHCPREQUEST after offer.

Joseph Bernard jhb at clemson.edu
Sat Mar 29 23:24:56 UTC 2014

Is the client on a port using IP Source Guard by any chance?

Thanks,
Joseph B.

On Mar 29, 2014, at 3:26 PM, "ritul guru (riguru)" <riguru at cisco.com<mailto:riguru at cisco.com>>
 wrote:

Hi,
I am facing similar problem while trying to boot to uefi rhel6.5 OS through uefi pxe boot.

Pxe client sends DHCPDISCOVER and server is reverting with DHCPOFFER, but this keeps on happening, client is not sending DHCPREQUEST further.

<image001.png>

I tried dumping pxe server on eth2, it looks like pxe client DHCPREQUEST is not reaching the server. What could be the problem?

<image002.png>

Regards,
Ritul